Diploma in University Foundation Studies is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 3
QR Registration Number: 14/002866/L3
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2014 to 31/08/2018
- 100% English teaching and learning environment
- 36 out of 138 QF credits can be transferred to the College’s Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education programme
- Priorities will be given to graduates achieving a required GPA for a place in the Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education programme
- Graduates (subject to admission criteria of universities and colleges) can articulate into Bachelor’s Degree Programmes or 2-year Higher Diploma and Associate Degree Programmes
- This one-year Diploma in University Foundation Studies Programme (DUFS) is designed to inspire students’ intrinsic love of learning, and admiration of global, cultural, ethical, as well as environmental issues
- With its strong emphasis on language training and study skills, the programme does not only aim to equip students to pursue higher education, but also nurture them to be global citizens
One-year Diploma in University Foundation Studies consists of 138 QF credits.
Languages and General Education
- Intensive English
- English I ^
- English II ^
- Effective Communication in Putonghua 1 [option A]
- Modern Chinese Reading and Writing 1 [option A]
- Ab Initio Chinese 1 (Beginners) [option B]
- Ab Initio Chinese 2 (Beginners) [option B]
- Critical Thinking and Independent Learning ^
- General Mathematics
- Developing Ethical Values
- Appreciation of the Arts
- Student Project
All the above courses are Core Courses and are credit-bearing, involving 483 hours of classroom work.
- The qualification obtained after completing the DUFS programme is not recognised for civil service appointment as meeting the academic entry requirement which requires Level 2 in five subjects including Chinese Language and English Language in the HKDSE;
- The qualification may not be recognised by other institutions for articulation to, for example, their sub-degree programme; and
- The student of this Programme will be eligible for the Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Full-time Tertiary Students (NLSFT) administered by the Student Finance Office of the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency.
^36 QF credits can be transferred to the College’s Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education programme.
Medium of Instruction